Born to American and French parents, Valerie Leonard has always been surrounded by a world of images. Her mother was a painter, and her father, photographer, Herman Leonard.
Far from seeking aesthetic or false compassion, Valerie Leonard remains faithful to the doctrine of her father: "Always tell the truth, but in terms of beauty."
In her theme the "Labors of Hercules", she is looking for the truth and beauty of the human being and shows with utmost respect and admiration the nobility and dignity of those living and working in extremely difficult conditions.
- 2014 SHORLISTED SONY WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS.
- 2013 FINALIST IN TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR.
- 2013 NOMINEE NATURE IMAGES AWARDS.
- 2013 HONORABLE MENTION " BEST OF PHOTOGRAPHY ".
- 2013 HONORABLE MENTION WINNER OF PX PARIS.
- 2012 HONORABLE MENTION IPA category "Wildlife".
- 2012 HONORABLE MENTION IPA category "People ".
- 2012 BRONZE MEDAL "ART EN CAPITAL" Grand Palais Paris.
- 2012 PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE MONTH NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC France Website.
- 2011 1ST PRIZE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL'S CONTEST FRANCE.